See why thousands of patients choose our centers as their preferred destination for ongoing care, including Vyepti Infusion treatments.
Vyepti is a biologic therapy that is indicated to treat:
- Adults with chronic migraines
What Is Vyepti?
Vyepti (eptinezumab-jjmr) is a prescription medication administered for patients in all IVX Health centers via IV infusion.
How Vyepti Works
There is a protein inside the body called calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) that activates specific receptors on cells and may play a role in chronic migraines.
Vyepti works by binding to CGRP and blocking it from activating those receptors.
What Is Vyepti Used For?
Doctors order eptinezumab-jjmr to treat:
- Adults with chronic migraines
Vyepti Infusion Dosage and Administration
Patients receive eptinezumab-jjmr intravenously. Treatment time for a Vyepti infusion at a medical clinic like IVX Health usually lasts for 30 minutes. Vyepti requires dilution prior to administration.
Dosage and Frequency
The recommended dosage is 100 mg administered by intravenous infusion every 3 months. Some patients may benefit from a dosage of 300 mg administered by intravenous infusion every 3 months.
Administering Vyepti via IV Infusion
- The nurse prepares the patient’s arm by using rubbing alcohol to sterilize the location that is being used to insert the IV needle.
- Following needle insertion, the IV line is held in place with tape.
- The nurse attaches the patient’s IV line to the line coming down from the bag of medication.
Vyepti Infusion Side Effects
As with all medications, side effects are possible.
Common side effects include:
- Stuffy nose and scratchy throat
- Allergic reaction
How To Prepare for a Vyepti Infusion
It is essential that patients inform their physician if they:
- Have any medical conditions
- Are currently taking medications, including any prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements
Before treatment, patients should get a good night’s sleep. In addition, they need to drink an adequate amount of fluid and eat a meal before their Vyepti IV infusion treatment at IVX Health.
How to Get a Referral for Vyepti IV Infusions
Every Vyepti referral must be accompanied by a physician’s order for treatment.
- Patient information should include:
- Current address
- Home and mobile phone number
- Insurance information
Information the physician must include on the patient’s order for Vyepti IV therapy:
- Patient’s name and DOB
- Order date
- Physician’s name and NPI#
- Office address, phone, and fax numbers
- Provider’s signature
Supporting clinical documentation from the physician should include:
- Clinicals to support an indication for the preventive treatment of migraines in adult patients
- Patient has a history of migraines and has been on 2 oral preventatives and has experienced 4 or more migraines within a month period
If you or someone you care about has one of the conditions that Vyepti infusions treat, you may want to learn more about IV infusion treatments with eptinezumab-jjmr. To find an IVX Health infusion center near you, please click here.
Patients chose IVX Health to receive their ongoing Vyepti treatments because:
- ALL private suites
- Comfortable recliners, with chairs for guests
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Friendly clinical staff deliver personal service
- Big screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, free snacks