See why thousands of patients choose our centers as their preferred destination for ongoing care, including Cinqair Infusion treatments.
Cinqair is a biologic therapy that is indicated to treat:
- severe asthma in adults with an eosinophilic phenotype
What Is Cinqair?
Cinqair (reslizumab) is a prescription medication administered for patients in all IVX Health centers via IV infusion to treat severe asthma.
How Cinqair Works
Exposure to asthma triggers can activate eosinophils and cause them to multiply. This increase in eosinophils can lead to airway inflammation, asthma symptoms, and asthma attacks.
Cinqair works by acting as an inhibitor and reducing the production and survival of eosinophils and reducing asthma symptoms.
What Is Cinqair Used For?
Doctors order reslizumab to treat:
Cinqair Infusion Dosage and Administration
Patients receive reslizumab via intravenous infusion. Treatment time for a Cinqair infusion at a medical clinic like IVX Health usually last between 20 and 50 minutes.
Dosage and Frequency
Typical Cinqair dosage is 3 mg/kg once every four weeks.
Administering Cinqair via IV Infusion
- The nurse prepares the patient’s arm by using rubbing alcohol to sterilize the location that is being used to insert the IV needle.
- Following needle insertion, the IV line is held in place with tape.
- The nurse attaches the patient’s IV line to the line coming down from the bag of medication.
Cinqair Infusion Side Effects
As with all medications, side effects are possible. Side effects are relatively uncommon and can include:
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness
- Fast heartbeat
- Hives, itching, or skin rash
- Puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Redness of the skin
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Throat pain
How To Prepare for a Cinqair Infusion
It is essential that patients inform their physician if they currently have, or have had, any of the conditions listed below:
- A parasitic (helminth) infection
- Taking oral or inhaled corticosteroid medicines
Before treatment, patients should get a good night’s sleep. In addition, they need to drink an adequate amount of fluid and eat a meal before their Cinqair IV infusion treatment at IVX Health.
How to Get a Referral for Cinqair IV Infusions
Every Cinqair referral must be accompanied by a physician’s order for treatment.
- Patient information should include:
- Current address
- Home and mobile phone number
- Insurance information
Information the physician must include on the patient’s order for Cinqair IV therapy:
- Patient’s name and DOB
- Order date
- Physician’s name and NPI#
- Office address, phone, and fax numbers
- Provider’s signature
Supporting clinical documentation from the physician should include:
- Lab results showing elevated eosinophil levels
- List of current medications treating severe asthma
- Patient has severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype and is 18 years of age or older
- FEV1 test results
If you or someone you care about has one of the conditions that Cinqair infusions treat, you may want to learn more about IV infusion treatments with reslizumab. To find an IVX Health infusion center near you, please click here.
Patients chose IVX Health to receive their ongoing Cinqair treatments because:
- ALL private suites
- Comfortable recliners, with chairs for guests
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Friendly clinical staff deliver personal service
- Big screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, free snacks
Cinqair Financial Assistance Programs
Information about financial assistance programs coming soon.
IVX Health would love to learn more about your care needs. If you’re interested in switching your infusion services – or if you just want to learn more – let us know.