See why thousands choose our centers as their preferred destination for ongoing care, including Actemra treatments.
On August 16, the pharmaceutical manufacturer Genentech reported a nationwide shortage of the IV formulation of its biologic therapy ACTEMRA. As Genentech reports, the shortage is due to unexpected demand due to its use as a therapeutic for COVID-19 amidst the recent Delta variant surge.
Since that time, IVX Health has experienced supply constraints for not only ACTEMRA IV but also for the subcutaneous formulation of the therapy ACTEMRA SQ. IVX predicts the ACTEMRA shortage to remain at least through the end of the year and potentially into 2022 as well.
At this time, IVX Health cannot guarantee product availability for its existing patients and strongly encourages its referring providers to proactively evaluate alternative therapy options.
As the length of the disruption cannot be predicted, we recommend that providers begin proactively evaluating alternate approaches to their patients’ therapy regimens. Patients should consult their doctor to determine the best approach to any changes in their prescribed therapy regimen.
ITo inquire about a previously scheduled ACTEMRA appointment, please contact your IVX Health local center.
As product availability cannot be guaranteed at this time, IVX is not accepting new ACTEMRA patients.
Actemra is an infusion therapy that is indicated to treat:
- moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who has had an inadequate response to one or more disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- giant cell arteritis (GCA)
- active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- active systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Actemra, also known as Tocilizumab, is a biologic infusion therapy that treats rheumatoid arthritis by reducing inflammation. Actemra treatments are usually given every two weeks, with each infusion lasting roughly 60 minutes.
Patients chose IVX Health to receive their ongoing Actemra treatments because:
- ALL private suites
- Comfortable recliners, with chairs for guests
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Friendly clinical staff deliver personal service
- Big screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, free snacks